Sunday, June 15, 2008

Emerging...

Ok, so here is where I stood last year...

I was 30 years old, unhappy in my marriage but blessed with 2 gorgeous children. It was at the beginning of the year that I became aware that I was interested in women. 

...A little slow on the uptake I know.

I would have never even thought of straying from my marriage though, so I was left even more unhappy thinking I'd never be able to experience being with another woman. 

Luckily for me my husband obviously was also wanting to experience being with another woman, and he left. 

It seems really strange to be so happy he left, I know most women would be shattered if their husbands left them, but not me. My life has now opened up to a whole new world of possibilities.

I lost a lot of confidence through my marriage and while I grew as a mother, I really didn't grow much as a woman. It is like I put that side of me on hold while I tried to become the perfect housewife - something that I never felt successful at because lets face it, while I'm a great mum - I'm crap at keeping house! 

So here I now stand, ready to get my life under control, ready to discover who I am as a woman as well as a mum, and ready to accept and have new experiences as a lesbian.

2 comments:

Kelly & Sam Pilgrim-Byrne said...

Just to let you know that I'm reading and will be following your journey.

butterfly said...

Thanks Kelly & Sam. I'll be watching your blog too! I just can't help myself... Miss C is soooo cute!