Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wow - what a difference!!!!

Well, I'm still not quite hyped about getting my house up to scratch, but wow did my walk do wonders!

My son & I went on a walking track quite close to us. They have recently sealed a old walking track that goes through the bush along a creek and it goes for 1.5kms. We walked for half an hour (thought any longer would be too much for 5 year old legs).

It was such a lovely walk. For ages I've said I hated walking because I thought it was boring. Well it is when you walk around the suburbs, but walking through the bush is fantastic.

I'd completely forgotten.

Back in school I spent one of my years at the bush campus where we hiked all the time. I'd really forgotten the peaceful feeling of walking through the bush (although back then we weren't hiking on sealed pathways - more like hiking trails where we had to dodge snakes and wombats - lol).

I'm definitely going for another walk tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just came across your blog via lesbian family.org. Good luck with your journey! It sounds tough, but well worth it all - and I love your header!